- Often referred to as Minecraft: Java Edition. It supports cross-platform play between Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. This edition also supports user-created skins. It is the classic version. Terms & Conditions. This Minecraft software download code is issued by Mojang AB, and will entitle the holder to a license of the Minecraft game.
- Hello I recently installed optifine for minecraft but it makes a new profile called optifine and I want to know how to install other mods with optifine I don't know how to put them in the optifine profile HELP!
Already own Minecraft? Download it again for Windows, Mac and Linux. Download server software for Java and Bedrock and play with your friends.
How To Minecraft 1.6.4 For Mac 1.8
Minecraft 1.6.4 Server Download
How To Minecraft 1.6.4 For Mac Pro
Hey everybody, ever wondered how to get mods for Minecraft? Today I will be showing you how to do just that! In case you don’t know, mods change the gameplay of Minecraft and add new things. For example, there is a mod called ExtraBiomesXL that adds many new biomes (If you are new to Minecraft biomes are the different types of land such as deserts and jungles.) as well as new items and tools. Read below and I will explain the steps you need to take in order to install modifications onto your Minecraft.
- First off go to this website and click “Installer” for the latest version, and then follow the steps to download the file.
- Next, open the file and click where it says “Install”. You will need to wait for a few seconds until a window pops up that says the install was finished.
- Now’s the fun part- download any mod you want! A good place to download mods from is 9Minecraft, although be aware that sometimes mods can conflict and having multiple mods at once will not always work out.
- Now it’s time to actually apply the mods to Minecraft! To do this you will need to navigate to your Minecraft Install Directory (It may sound tricky if you’re new to getting mods, but don’t worry, this step is actually pretty simple!) If you have a Mac open Finder or just click on an empty space on you’re desktop, then click on go, then go to folder, and type in the following: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft. (Without the period at the end.) If you are on Windows 7 or 8 open search (Can be accessed via the Start Menu.) and type in %appdata% or if you are running XP click on Start, Run, THEN type %appdata%. (If you are on mac you can ignore this step.) Then, open up the .minecraft folder.
- Once that’s done create a folder called “mods” (Exactly as I typed it except without the quotes.) unless you already have one. Now copy the mods you downloaded into the mods folder.
- Now just open up Minecraft and change the profile to Forge. You should be able to play now but if somehow the mods don’t work try only using one mod at a time. Enjoy!
- To remove a mod simply go back to the mods folder and delete the zip file for the mod.
- To play without mods but keep the ones you have installed, just switch back to the default profile in the Minecraft Launcher. To turn them back on, just switch to Forge again.
- Whenever an update for the game comes out you will need to reinstall forge and download an updated version of your mod if available. Please note that mods will only work if they are for the same version of Minecraft that you have. Ex: The Aether 2 mod is for 1.5.1, but trying to install it on the latest version (1.6.4) would crash the game, so make sure you have the correct versions of the mods installed.
- To see all the mods you have just click the mods button on the main menu of Minecraft.
Minecraft Version 1.6.4 Download
Have fun and happy Minecrafting!
How To Minecraft 1.6.4 For Mac Free
I am a big fan of Minecraft, and love to make videos. Blogging is one of my hobbies, I actually have four of them!