Hide revisions or comments. Remove all revisions or comments as outlined above. Remove Tracked Changes manually or selectively. If you turn on Track Changes, Word will save all changes and comments made. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon. Click the down arrow on Track Changes Track Changes to turn it on or off. If you want to clean up some comments in the sidebar, use “Delete”. To resolve a comment, hover over the comment and click the “Resolve” button. The comment will remain in the sidebar, but it will be grayed out to show the comment has been resolved. To delete a comment, right-click the item and select “Delete”. Remove editor comments after you have accepted or rejected the proposed changes. You can find more information on removing tracked changes at: remove track changes from Word 2011 documents. In the example below, the editor comment has been highlighted on the right-hand margin. For those of you still struggling to find how to remove date/time from comments, this may help (Word 2016, Mac): Click ReviewProtectProtect documentUnder 'Privacy' tick 'Remove personal information from this file on save'. Eraser for Windows will only delete personal data%2C leaves programs alone Users can also pull hard drive out of computer case and destroy it It's always exciting buying a new computer.
- How To Remove Personal Data From Comments Word For Mac Os
- How To Remove Personal Data From Comments Word For Macbook Pro
- Click the File Tab in 2010 and click on Info, then Check for Issues and select Inspect Document. To view the Personal Information click on Show All Properties to the right. In Office 2007 click on the Office Button, Prepare and then Inspect Document. To view the Personal Information before removing it click on Prepare and then Document Properties.
- Select content you want Word to check for metadata
- If Word finds metadata, it will prompt you to Remove All. Once you click Remove All, it cannot be undone.
Microsoft Office document with track changed enabled. While a user edits document in MS Word 2010 his changes appears properly colour coded and with his actual user name. However, as soon as the document is saved, user's name is changed to word 'Author' and at the same time user specific colour coding is lost. This is a problem because users are not able to track who made which changes as all changes appear in the same colour and marked as made by the same user 'Author'.
How To Remove Personal Data From Comments Word For Mac Os
This document was originally created in MS Word 2003 and original author had option 'Remove personal information from file properties on save' enabled. Although this option is normally not available for documents created in Microsoft Word 2010, it's still applies to documents created in older version of MS Office if they had it enabled.
To disable this in MS Word 2010:
- File > Options > Trust Centre > Trust Center Settings > Privacy Options
- In Document-specific settings part uncheck box next to Remove personal information from file properties on save
This option is only available for applicable legacy documents, otherwise it is greyed out.
- For Microsoft Word 2003 it is located in Tools > options > Security tab.